Bear Biometric Bluetooth Fingerprint Scanner combines high performance optical fingerprint scanner technology and a Bluetooth engine into a single device. It can store up to 3000 master fingerprint templates. Under the control of any Bluetooth enable host device, it can capture fingerprint on-the-spot any time and transfer it to the host device via Bluetooth interface. The device uses a CAMA-SM12 optical sensor to capture fingerprints. A highly durable device it is among the best Bluetooth fingerprint readers available today. The BEAR V3 can pair with any mobile device, including smartphone and tablets(android and blackberry) and personal computers (windows and macintosh).
This enables user to capture fingerprint easily with a mobile device such as smart phone or tablet PC. It can be used as attendance checker for field workers in remote locations. The attendance record can be then uploaded to PC regularly via USB for further processing. The Bluetooth interface in the device is configured to provide only Serial Port Profile Services (SPP). All external Blue Tooth devices will recognize the device as a Blue Tooth SPP Slave device.
Technical Specifications for Biometric Attendance System
- Finger print scanner can store 3000 templates
- Built in memory card storage for backup, data storage even when GSM signal is not available
- Data transfer using GPRS to server using TCP/IP
- Enrollment using RS232 port or Bluetooth
- Having 16x2 LCD display
- Battery with 7.4V 2200 mAh
- Buzzer to indicate responses
- GPS to locate place of attendance
- Web application to get reports
- 3 Communication Protocols
It offers the Serial Port Profile Services and is designed to communicate via the industry standard asynchronous serial formatting with the following parameters:
- Baud Rate : 9600 bps
- Start Bits : 1
- Data Bits : 8
- Parity Bit : none
- Stop Bit : 1
- Handshake : none
The Host must ensure that its Bluetooth interface is able to communicate with a Serial Port Profile Slave having the above parameters. The baud rate is fixed at 9600 bps and it can only communicate at this baud rate. Note that there is no handshake protocol and the host must also ensure that it can handle data transfers at this speed.
It operates as a slave device. It does not initiate any communication and only responds when a valid Host Command Packet has been received. The host always initiates communication by sending a command packet to the Device and it returns the appropriate response packet.
Technical Specifications for Biometric Module
|Sensor||CAMA optical sensor, Precise optical total reflection|
|Scan Area||18mm X 20mm|
|Fingerprint image||210 x 250 (pixel)|
|FAR(False Acceptance Rate)||< 0.001%|
|FRR(False Rejection Rate)||<0.1%|
|Fingerprint template||496 bytes|
|Identification speed||1:1 <0.5S; 1:N (500 fingerprints) <0.9S|
|Work Supply||DC 3.3V|
|Work Current||< 100mA|
|Work temperature||-10 degrees - 60 degrees|
|Work humidity||20% - 80%|
- UART communication port
- Achieving fingerprint enrollment and verification at the condition of minimum storage
- Optical total reflection fingerprint sensor
- 1:N verification and 1:1 identification function
- Self-learning function of the fingerprint features
- Able to collect fingerprint and upload its features so as to achieve matching function with current fingerprint
- Able to set baud rate and equipment Number
- Access to standby situation by instruction control module
Technical Specification & Features for Bluetooth Module
- Typical -80dBm sensitivity
- V2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- With CMOS technology and with AFH (Adaptive Frequency Hopping Feature).
- CSR Blue core 04
- 3Mbps Modulation with complete 2.4GHz radio transceiver and baseband.
- Up to +4dBm RF transmit power
- Low Power 1.8V Operation ,1.8 to 3.6V I/O
- PIO control
- UART interface with programmable baud rate
- With integrated antenna
- With edge connector
- Default Baud rate: 38400, Data bits: 8, Stop bit: 1, Parity: No parity, Data control: has. Supported baud rate: 9600,19200,38400,57600,115200,230400,460800.
- Auto-connect to the last device on power as default.
- Permit pairing device to connect as default.
For communicating with Mobile, PC and Smart phones, Enrollment templates must be supplied to libraries in the biometric device. A J2ME library/Android library must have the following software specifications to be able to integrate with the existing J2ME/Android applications.
- Jar must be developed by using Java MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1 and using JSR 82 api.
- Jar/Apk must support to pair, communicate with Blue tooth v2.1/v3.0 with A2DP
- Apk must be developed by using android developer tool
Server application must be installed to communicate with device using TCP/IP protocol, storing received data to database, web application to get reports, to view attendance online.